Thursday, March 28, 2013

Less is more...and a couple of shout outs!

Sometimes, less is more.  As in more time, more curse words, more headache.  For me, that is.  I am one of those people who agonize for hours over the composition of the "simple" scrapbook page.  But in the end it's always worth it.

Case and point.


I love this photo and I didn't want the design of my page to distract from the adorable subject so I tried to keep things subtle...just a few embellies and paper.  Shout out to Recollections Creative Chaos journaling tag stack for helping me pull this page together...super versatile and ridiculously cute.  This pad has every image that is all the rage in design right now...sunbursts, birds, owls, vintage bicycles...and plenty of room for journaling.  And for $2.99 for 30 4 x 5.75" sheets, you get a whole lotta bang for your buck.  I picked up the Fill in the Story note pad too which is awesome for prompting your journaling and documenting of photos. Both are perfect for Project Lifers and traditional scrapbookers.  Here's a couple of close ups of the sheets I used.




The camera card has a journaling spot above it,
which I filled with a note about our day and
tucked behind the photo.
And if you are wondering where that cute little handmade yoyo fabric embellie came from, the "documented" tab, or the majority of the the adorable layering papers...well, wonder no more.  And get over and check out Citrus Twist's March Citrus Twist Kit...I have used this kit on 3 of my last 4 layouts and I've still got goodies left to play with.  Talk about bang for your buck!  If you have been thinking about a monthly kit club, this is definitely one you want to check out.  Citrus Twist puts together the most gorgeous kits packed full of coordinating papers and embellies...and they're also super versatile.  You can mix them with practically every other product in your stash.  And their Design Team is a wicked talented, and super sweet bunch!  Here's a closeup.




Finally I fussy cut the bird on the stand thingy from Recollections Girl and a Poodle paper, added a couple of random papers I had in my stash, and added my own hand sketched and cut butterfly, which I cut on white cardstock, embossed it in yellow, brushed with some really pretty irridescent yellow Perfect Pearl powder and finished off with some white detail embossing.

And there you have it.  Happy Thursday and thanks for reading!!



2 comments:

  1. You really rocked this photo. Fantastic layout !

    ReplyDelete
  2. just love this Shawna..and great to see the close ups here! ;)

    ReplyDelete