Tuesday, April 2, 2013

So Silly!

Cracked another case file over at CSI.  Did a bright, fun, whimsical layout that had me smiling the whole time I was putting it together.  Here it is and read on for how I put it together.




Started off with some acrylic paint on the background...added some water to make it a bit more workable and tapped my brush with my finger to get the "dots."



Then I rounded up some ribbons and paper scraps to make the base under the picture and grabbed my new Sew Easy to bring in some stitching.



I had been dying to use my new 7 Gypsies hot air balloon stamp so I took the girl from my Recollections Girl and a Poodle paper, fussy cut it, colored the girl (she was pastel) to better fit my primary color theme, cut off the umbrella and replaced it with the hot air balloon, which I colored and added some rickrack to.the balloon.  Love the way it came out!





 Used rub-ons for my title and layered them over the paper.  



Then it was time for some detail work.  Hand cut some clouds from a writing pad, inked them with sky blue, added some American Craft wood buttons and (thanks to a great suggestion by my neighbor) added my journaling to the paper ribbons on the upper left.  





Added some pop up adhesive behind the hot air balloon and the photo and whipped out my trusty gel pen to add some doodle touches.  Love this page.  Makes me happy!  Thanks for looking!

2 comments: