Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Case file #84...swing with me

Happy Wednesday!! Another great case file at CSI this week! (Just like every other week…Debbi never fails to deliver a fabulous color scheme and challenge!) This week had a nautical theme, which is right up my alley since I am pretty obsessed with all things nautical at the moment! Along with the awesome Scene, we have a wonderful sketch from Emma Stafrace to work from, and I stayed true to the shape, changing some elements here and there.

Here is the case file and sketch:




And here is what I came up with. I wanted to give the feel of the beach, where this photo was taken, so I used a lot of different textures on this one.




For the frames, I covered one with Liquitex molding paste to give it a textured seafoam/wavy feel, and I covered the other with Tim Holtz distressed denim ink to get the weathered navy look.




I created the background by spritzing the paper with a chartreuse mist, then layering gauze and jute over top of it. I also used the jute as a mask over a white tag and used some chartreuse mist on that. I added various trim – rope, twine, which I wove through the fussy cut anchor stamps, and this really cool floss with little green squares that I have had in my stash for years. Finished it off with various wood and chipboard embellies and a couple of stamps, and voila! Case closed. :)




As always, thank you so much for stopping by and taking a peek! If interested, a list of materials used is below. Have a great day!

Materials:

Paper:
Patterned Paper Unknown – leftover sheet from an old paper pad
Kraaft
Embellies:
White Thickers letters
American Craft white frames
K&Co. nautical chipboard embellie from many years ago
Little Yellow Bus "happy" stick pin (without the pin piece)
Michael's anchor stamp
American Craft white tag
Citrus Twist handmade embellie "Blissful"
Citrus Twist exclusive polymer stamp "Soak up the sun"
Studio Calico wood embellies
Heidi Swapp mist in chartreuse
Liquitex molding paste
Tim Holtz Distressed Denim ink
Colorbox white ink
Colorbox navy ink
Jute
Gauze
Various thread and twine


4 comments:

  1. This is freaking amazing Shawna. I love all the texture and layers and that rope with the anchors is fabulous. Love the photo too ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Shawna this is stunning! Love the frame and the background and all the textures, especially the rope. Those colours look really good together

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous to see how this layout evolved and all the close ups...you absolutely knocked this challenge right out of the park :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. TOTALLY ROCKED this one!!! Fabulous, with all that texture...especially LOVING the frame & that 'rope'.....I'd give you top spot for this page:):):)

    ReplyDelete