Monday, January 27, 2014

Another color challenge!

Hey all! I'm back with another layout created for a challenge over at the Memory Nest...this one is for their color challenge.  CLICK HERE to play along.  You still have 4 days.  Here are the challenge colors.  This challenge also came with a twist to include either a sunburst or chevron on your layout.




And here's my page.  I really enjoyed putting this layout together.  I used a 4x4 photo of this fabulous coffee mug I got for my birthday (thanks Wendy and Julie!) that has my nickname on it.  Ever since I took my husband's name (Saucier) 10 years ago, I've been called "Saucy" by my friends.  It fits.  I can be a little bit saucy! ;-)

Again I kept my page fairly simple.  I've really been digging pages with a lot of white space lately.  The papers were a mix of scraps from my stash, and then I cut out the blue and gold shape elements from the Good Tidings paper line from Chic Tags.  I did pull in a little bit of red in the flower cluster to compliment the lettering on the mug.  And, I added a doily of course.  I can't believe I thought doilies were so useless.  Clearly, I have been humbled.  I've been putting them on my pages quite a bit lately, and the lace detail and the bright white really do help give pages a little extra "something."  Oh, and I have the chevron twist in there in the patterned paper layered under the photo to the right, and again in the gray brad on the left.

Hope you enjoy my layout and that you come play along with the Memory Nest's color challenge.  Have a fabulous Monday!

xoxo,


Shawna








5 comments:

  1. Yumminess right to the last drop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the color challenge. Wonderful bunch of layering. Thanks for playing along with us at The Memory Nest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shawna - your layout is gorgeous. Love your take on the colors and twist. Love the splatters and use of enamel dots & doily. Thank you for joining us on tMN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful Shawna! Love that white space too :) you inspirated me to do my nicknamelayout too.
    So happy you played with us at tMN :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So it's Miss Saucy from now on!! LOL Lovely layout and it reminded me of the first time you used doilies....I still laugh about that!!

    ReplyDelete