Sunday, February 2, 2014

Special CSI Case File with Scrap365!

Happy Sunday (and Happy Super Bowl day for my US friends)!  I personally don't care much about the Super Bowl this year because our house is a Patriots House. ;-)  Anyway, today I am sharing a layout made for the latest collaboration between CSI and Scrap365...be sure to CLICK HERE and play along.  This challenge runs all month so you have plenty of time...AND one lucky winner will win a copy of the latest issue of Scrap365 magazine!

Here is the case file and the layout I created from it.


The scene is stunningly rich and gorgeous with its blues and browns and jewels and I thought it went really nicely with this photo taken in my backyard on Thanksgiving Day.  For my evidence, I used flowers, jewels, fabric (in the layers behind the photo), and textured paper.  I used the inspiration word "love" and added some words of the fabulous Lewis Carroll.

I started out with textured watercolor paper and added mists, masks with modeling paste, and more masking using a great tree stencil I have,.  Then I tore it and distressed the edges with sepia ink and black chalk.


I also added a splash of blue gelato to draw the eye to the Lewis Carroll lines.


Lots of layers of torn paper scraps under the photo and then framed my photo with one of the white Recollections photo frames.  I love these frames. $2 for 6 of them and they are fabulously useful, either white or colored or stamped.


Finally I added a Crate Paper (I think it is Crate Paper...I threw away the packaging!) jeweled pin, some $1 flowers from Michael's, and some glass beads scattered about.


Thanks for stopping by.  Hope to see your work in the CSI gallery in the coming weeks! :)

1 comment:

  1. Shawna, this is beauuuutiful! I was a little scared of that brownish color scheme, but you made it look so good! Love your journaling too :)

    ReplyDelete