Saturday, March 8, 2014

Waiting

Good morning and happy Saturday!  Sharing a layout today that I created for Scrap Around The World's March mood board challenge. CLICK HERE to see the design team inspiration! My quest to conquer mixed media continues. :-)

Here is the mood board:



And here is my layout (sorry - had a heck of a time getting the reflection off the photo...this is why I hate working with glossy photos!):


I started this layout much like my last mixed media attempt, using the techniques Sanna Lippert used in her art journal tutorial.  You can see the tutorial and my attempt at it HERE.  Lots of scraps laid down and secured with Mod Podge, then stamps, stencils, sprays and ink.  I had this going in a completely different direction originally - a totally different design that had no place for flowers.  But, after modifying these flowers a little bit with liquid pearls and some ink and spray, I changed my mind and did a complete overhaul of the page.  I hope you like what you see!  Enjoy the rest of your day!




9 comments:

  1. Wow! this is SCRUMMY!! love love love all the mixed media on this one and that photo - awwwee! Thank you ever so much for sharing your gorgeous page with us at Scrap Around The World!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This layout is absolutely stunning! I just love all of your beautiful details and textures here! So amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing LO!! love the background and thats a beautiful picture thanks for playing with us at SATW!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you just love that about MM you never know where you will end up.... I think you did a fab job with it and I love that photo... also that twiney stuff... looks so cool....

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful layout! I love the photo! Love the masking and layering and the flower cluster is gorgeous! All the best! https://www.facebook.com/langeatheart Come visit sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful colours and textures you have used. Great photo, combined with your background has created a very expressive page....it's beautiful. Thank you so much for playing along with us at SATW this month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just beautiful! Gorgeous photo

    ReplyDelete
  8. fantastic design love the flower's
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at Scrap Around the World

    ReplyDelete
  9. AAHHWW what a sweet picture to scrap and you've done it beautifully!! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Scrap Around the World hugs Amy

    ReplyDelete