Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Color Kit reveal at the Memory Nest!

The Memory Nest has revealed its June Color Kit - Chairs!  CLICK HERE to check out the post and, if you order this kit or any other product in the store, be sure to scroll to the bottom of this post to grab the coupons for a great discount on your purchase and on shipping!

This kit inspired me to do something I haven't done in quite awhile...a 2 page layout!  I had so many great pictures from the Little Lady's birthday party last year and I was so happy to see how well the photos meshed with this month's color kit.  Here's my layout:


And here's the awesome kit.


Lots of fun papers in there!  For this layout I used the following:

Echo Park Summer Bliss - Summer Circles
Heidi Swapp Dreamy - Ticket to Ride
Fancy Pants The Good Life - Live
Fancy Pants The Good Life - That Way
Lily Bee Design - Head Over Heels Dreamy

Here are a couple of closeups of the left and ride side.



In addition to the color kit papers, I used some fab birthday embellies from Recollections, as well as some Heidi Swapp embellies and banners.


I cut a little slit in the photo so I could wave the balloon strings in there.  When I showed my daughter, and asked her if it looked like she was really holding the balloons she said "What do you mean? I AM really holding the balloons!"  Haha.  Well, I fooled the almost-5 year old at least!



Here are some more closeups.  This party was truly one for the book...I blame Pinterest for the fact that I went way overboard with the carnival theme.  How could I not?  So many cute ideas!  We had carnival games, a trampoline, face painting, popcorn and cotton candy, a photo booth station, and lots and lots of laughs.  Such a wonderful and memorable day!





Can you seriously stand the awesomeness of the invites?  Courtesy of 2 Birds Studios on Etsy!  CLICK HERE to visit their shop.  There was also a cute end piece of the ticket that gave the time, location and details of the party.


So there it is!  Be sure to keep an eye on my posts this month, as I will have more from this kit later in the month.  Enjoy the evening!

xoxo,


Shawna




2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this layout Shawna! I very often end up using a lot of photos on my pages because I feel like I don't want to miss documenting any details of the event I'm scrapbooking. I love that your daughter thought she was holding the balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah not often that you do a double layout and I love it. So many photos and so much detail. Fabbo.

    ReplyDelete