Friday, September 26, 2014

CSI #140 - Permanent Ink

Well it's Friday and I just realized that I never shared my CSI layout for last week's reveal!  Don't worry - you still have a couple more days to crack the case, if you haven't joined us yet. :)  And be sure to come back and visit me tonight for the reveal of case file #141...I'm going to have a very unexpected scrap subject, complete with a quiz. ;-)  Now, back to Case #140.

I loved the neutral tones in this week's file, and was thrilled to have the opportunity to scrap a photo that is very near and dear to my heart.  Here is my layout, featuring my three favorite girls from my college days.  This photo was actually taken 5 years ago at my baby shower, when we were all back together to celebrate the upcoming birth of the Little Lady.  We thought it would be fun to get a snapshot of our first group adventure, that took place way back in 1996, when we were all just barely 18 and ready to take on the world.  Our first tattoos!


And here's the case file that inspired the layout.


For my evidence, I chose wet medium, polka dots, string and woodgrain.  My journaling is tucked in the woodgrain envelope behind the photo and reads as follows:

"We were barely 18, fresh faced, out of state (well, except Heather), and ready to take on the world. We wanted to rebel, leave our mark, and be crazy and free. First on the agenda? Tattoos. We all loaded up and headed into NY on our first bonding adventure as a Fearsome Foursome and walked out permanently inked and bonded for life. This was of course just one of many adventures to come...I think it's safe to say that we left our own permanent ink mark on our small town college in many different ways. Love these girls so much. The years and physical distance between us will never change that."

Here are some close-ups.




 

Thanks for stopping by!

xoxo,


Shawna

1 comment:

  1. I love this topic and it is a fabulous photo to scrap and an even better memory to record. I really really want a tattoo and I have done for many years but I am allergic to pigment. VERY allergic so it was a no go for me... I can't even do henna tattoos for indian weddings either.... These tats looks great and I am betting your is the one on your rump? Great way to create a bond too. Love it.

    ReplyDelete